Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Workout Wednesdays - Week IV


Weekly recap, at least for myself, of what I actually accomplished or got done!


This happens to be on Wednesdays because 'Workout' starts with a "W" and I'm a sucker for alliteration. Guess that's what happens when your mom is an English major!


Also feel free to follow/friend me on The Daily Mile!


This Week in Workouts:


Thursday, December 29th -

REST DAY. 

Spent time with Mike and Baby Jackson and Ashley today!


Is there anything cuter than baby yawns?!?!





Friday, December 30th -

Treadmill 3.5 mi 00:30  08:34 pace
Mike's Gym 00:50


Tone It Up Sunset workout plus I added 3lb weights to the 'hugs' move. Finished out with additional strength training machines, kept it up and moving for about 50 minutes after my cardio! So all in all good workout today!

Felt good to get in a run! it had been a few days!


Saturday, December 31st -

Outside Run near Mike's Place   3.07 mi 00:26   08:31 pace
Beautiful Outside run! really hilly which was difficult on my breathing.. I mean really hilly.  After the short run had to rush to get all my baking done for our NYE Pot Luck Dinner and House Party!
Sunday, January 1st -

Biking 9.7 mi 01:00   9.7mph pace


Mike and I went biking! My knee hurt too much from New Years Eve to go running.. umm you try standing around in 6inch heels all night!  Shnikes! 


 Beautiful Sparkly Shoes


Also, Mike's Iliotibial Band was still hurting... it was cold at first but warmed up once we got going! I had on mittens AND leg warmers which helped!! Found a super cool trail at the end of our ride... it was kinda an off road trail and we're excited to go check it out later!






Monday, January 2nd -

Treadmill 6.07 mi 01:00 09:53 pace
Bored ... stayed on for an hour, walked a little... blah. At least you ALWAYS feel better afterwards!!



Tuesday, January 3rd -

First Day back at WORK.
REST DAY
They kept me for 11 hours!! boo



Wednesday, January 4th -

Day of Death.
Woke up this morning so so sick.. didn't even make it to work until lunch time.  Speaking of lunch, I haven't had any :(  Today's workout will probably be light yoga once I get home and early to bed! 

EDIT:  So when I got off work I was feeling a little better and had even kept down a greek yogurt.. Mike and Kris were headed to the gym to get in some endorphins and I was far to jealous to let them go without me!  I followed them to the gym and just said I'd accomplish whatever felt okay.  I ended up starting on the treadmill... first mile was slow/warm up, second was tempo, and then for mile 3 I sprinted quarter miles increasing speed by .2-.3mph each time and walking for < 1min in between to catch my breath PHEW!  Then I finished up with some strength:

20 Jillian Runners on each leg


10 Hugs on each side with 3lb weight
10 Ab Jacks
20 Swimmer Kicks (alternating Legs)
40 Flutter Touches (Abs)
20 TIU DeadLifts w/ 10lb weights
30 Pull Backs on Weight Machine
20 Walking Lunges
20 Love Triangles on each side


Finished with 20 Warrior III Leg Lifts each side (made that up, it works!!)

Basically you do Warrior III pose and use your Gluteus Maximus to lift that back leg in the air about 2in higher and pulse.  Super challenging!

Felt way better after my workout and even had an appetite for the first time all day -- left over Chicken Sausages and Veggie Rice please!









Reasons to be Fit:






What was your favorite workout you did this week?  









5 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

i want to wear some sparkly shoes now! dang, too bad i gotta wait for next new years...

Dr. said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

LOVE those heels!

Shannon (Healthiful Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

I think its great that your tracking your workouts on your blog! :) My favorite workout I did this week was a great full body weights workout and now I feel like jell-o! :D

Boot Camp Pasadena said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

Oh I've feel yesterday so fresh and active because yesterday in the morning time I've got this article and I've tried following all the things that have written in this fabulous article And that's works great for me I appreciate this posting.

Brittany Wells said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

I'm glad you liked some of the activities/exercises in the article! Thanks for commenting :)