Thursday, January 19, 2012

Shake That Batuka *Dance*

If you're looking for a good read and some fun pics go check out FitSugar's Fittest Female Celebs of 2011.


And if you're looking for new ways to mix up your workout routine in 2012 check out THIS new 'Dance Craze'







I was lucky last year to receive some private Zumba instructions at the BF's Aunt's house before heading to one of the first Zumba studios in Miami for a workout. 

What I learned?

All my previous Jazz and Hip Hop dance training allowed me to catch on to the basic movements really quickly - however, it did not allow me to suddenly channel my inner Adriana Lima and shake my hips with a sexy Latin Flare.  I got a great workout and had tons of fun, but looked as if I was cheering on High School Football for the most part. 

Overall I wouldn't use it as my only form of exercise, but trying out new dance classes every once in a while is a super fun way to mix things up!!  That Batuka Dance looks crazy, but hey, I could see how much fun you could have in a class like that!

Sadly, I can't find any classes listed near me yet -- but will be keeping my eyes open!

Speaking of new workouts to try... I've been dying to take a Booty Barre class, anyone taken a class?  And advicve or tips??






4 comments:

Krystie P. said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

I use to take Zumba when I first signed up for my gym but I haven't taken a dance class in years! I like kickboxing and boot camp like classes!

My-cliffnotes said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

Awesome I just bought a package for this but haven't gone yet. It looks so fun though.

New to your blog, excited to follow along.

Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

Taryn said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

I had a friend do Booty Barre...and she said it was super hard but totally worth it. She didn't have a background in dance, though...so maybe those that do wouldn't find it as difficult?

Sweat Is My Sanity said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

Love Zumba, my teacher rocks! She's Latin of course and I can't wait to go an hour from no. I blogged about it today actually. :)